This list of top 10 things to do in Ecuador shows you the highlights of the country along the avenue of the volcanoes in the Andean region
— equipment used to produce this video —
Sony A7 II
Zoom H2n Audio Recorder
SDHC Memory Card
Waterproof Memory Card Case
Backpack Osprey Farpoint 40
Ecuador is one of the most diverse countries in the world though it’s comparably tiny. Beside the Galapagos Islands (which is the #1 tourist destination in Ecuador) the country has a lot more to offer, therefore I focussed on “La Sierra” in this video which is a paradise for landscape lovers and outdoor adventurers.
Another reason to visit the Andean region is that you have the chance to dive into the local culture and get a real feeling of Ecuador. The places to see in Ecuador I focussed on in this short video are the result of my own travels along the center from north to south and are easily doable in 2 weeks time.
Things to do in Ecuador covered in this video:
01) 00:36 – Otavalo market in Otavalo
02) 01:00 – Hike the Cuicocha lake
03) 01:25 – Middle of the World, Mitad del Mundo & Quitsato in Cayambe
04) 01:48 – Quito, capital & UNESCO World Heritage
05) 02:08 – Termas de Papallacta (hot springs)
06) 02:24 – Cayambe Coca National Park
07) 02:45 – Quilotoa & Shalala viewpoint
08) 03:13 – Tren Crucero & Nariz del Diablo (Devil’s nose)
09) 03:47 – Inka ruins in Ingapirca
10) 04:04 – Cuenca & it’s beautiful old town
What are your best things to do in Ecuador?
I’m looking forward to more tips from other travelers and Ecuador experts. Have you been and know of some cool places? Let us know in the comments below!
More travel guides for South America can be found here:
As part of Team Germany aka #TeamDe I was exploring the Andes region in Ecuador (La Sierra) within the Feel Again Project. In this project 18 artists from 4 different countries are exploring the 4 different regions of Ecuador: